Student Learning Expectations
The St. Philomene graduate will exhibit the following qualities:
Catholic Christian Who...
- Actively prepares and participates in liturgical celebrations
- Demonstrates knowledge of scriptures, Church teachings and traditions
- Practices service and stewardship
- Shows awareness and respect for all God's creation through care of the school community and global environment
Responsible Citizen Who...
- Explores, articulates and celebrates the customs and heritage of our multicultural community
- Works and interacts cooperatively, demonstrating tolerance, respect and fairness
- Understands the basic responsibilities of a citizen
- Participates in school and community events
Academically Prepared Student Who...
- Demonstrates basic skills and knowledge as defined by the diocesan curriculum standards
- Reads, writes and verbalizes effectively
- Uses and applies current technology
Life-Long Learner Who...
- Assesses their own strengths and areas for improvement
- Applies organizational, research and study skills
- Practices problem solving and demonstrates critical thinking
- Practices good health and hygiene habits